2015 Western Canadian National Pigeon & Dove Show
Ag-Rec Building, Abbotsford Fairgrounds, Abbotsford, B.C.
October 30 – November 1, 2015
- Host organization: The Vancouver Poultry & Fancy Pigeon Association, founded in 1898
- Western Canadian National Show – specialty show for breeders and exhibitors from across Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, began in 1977
- Over 1000 pedigreed pigeons entered and exhibited by approximately 100 exhibitors throughout the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada
- Over 50 breeds represented, each with a standard of perfection that is recognized by the National Pigeon Association for judging purposes.
- The pigeon hobby is widely popular in Canada, the United States, Europe and throughout the world. There will be many specialty clubs represented, with judges from several US states
We invite you to attend the 2015 Western Canadian National Pigeon and Dove Show, and share your experience of this very unique event with the public. Held at the Ag-Rec building on the Abbotsford fairgrounds, this event will be attended by exhibitors from the Oregon, Washington, BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Western Canadian National Show is the premier pigeon show in Western Canada, which is hosted by the Vancouver Poultry & Fancy Pigeon Association.
The approximately 1000 pigeons and doves exhibited at this show are competing against their own type and evaluated by appointed judges selected by the specialty clubs. Pigeons and doves will be awarded champion, best of show and many other awards. Some of the fancy breeds competing will be Old German Owl Pigeons, Ice Pigeons and the American Fantail, which has 30 tail feathers, compared to twelve in most pigeons. Pigeons are considered by many to be one of the oldest domesticated animals.
This show will be attended by “junior fanciers” (under age 18), and exhibitors of all age ranges and gender, including long-time “master breeders” that achieved a lifetime of knowledge and mastery of their breed.
Exhibitors will check in Friday, October 30 after 6:00 PM. Judging is conducted Saturday, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. There will be raffles, “for sale” area for exhibitors wishing to downsize and make available extra birds to new members. There will be a live auction of quality birds for sale on Saturday at 11:00 AM. The show ends on Sunday, November 1 at 10:00 AM. The show is free to the public.
For more information, contact:
Keith Biggs, Show Secretary
Show Mailing Address:
1240 – 224 Street, Langley, BC V2Z 2W7