Submitted. At 3:13pm, Wednesday February 5, the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service (AFRS) responded to an apartment structure fire at Valley View Manor located at 2551 Willow Lane.
On arrival, AFRS fire crews discovered a balcony fire on a second floor suite. Despite the cold
weather and strong winds, AFRS crews quickly got the fire under control. Damage was limited
to the balcony and the interior of the unit did not suffer any fire damage. Damages are estimated
at approximately $25,000.
Five AFRS fire vehicles and 20 firefighters attended the incident.
AFRS fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental and that the likely cause was
improper disposal of smoking materials. The public is reminded to be responsible when
discarding smoking materials, as this is one of the leading causes of fires.