Submitted. The Applebarn at Taves Family Farms has re-opened its doors for a continuing a fall tradition that’s beloved by families from Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Every fall, many families come to Abbotsford for a family-fun experience that hearkens back to a simpler time. Parents bring their children, friends and family U Pick apples, students participate in field trips and colleagues take a break from their busy workday. In a world where bees are endangered and crops are transported around the world, the opportunity to see and understand where food actually comes from is ever more important.
· Picking your own apples right off the trees
· Choosing the perfect pumpkin in the Pumpkin Patch
· Tackling the challenging Corn Quest Maze
· Bouncing on a hay ride or zip-lining through the barn
· Introducing kids to farm animals & riding a pony
· Playing together on a massive air-inflated jumping pillow
· Blasting corn guns and pumpkins cannons
· Learning about how bees make honey
· Tasting freshly pressed Apple Cider
· Experiencing the local food movement
“Over the years, we have found the Applebarn more and more rewarding. One farm quickly grew to a few, and now we harvest everything from apples and peppers, to heirloom tomatoes and pumpkins,” says Loren Taves, Owner.
“We love sharing the simple beauty of local food, and we strive to educate people about where their fruit and vegetables comes from.”
One of the most popular attractions is the ever-changing Corn Maze. Last year, the Taves family turned the maze into a quest, and this year promises to be its most challenging ever!
Fall isn’t complete without a visit to the Taves Family Farms Applebarn where everyone is invited to experience… A Taste of the Country.