The Crystal Gala is an annual fundraising event, which includes dinner, dancing, entertainment, and live and silent auctions. Every year the gala quickly sells out of the 300-400 tickets. Ticket sales, donations, sponsors and dedicated volunteers together have raised over 1.8 million dollars to date, which has been used to purchase the latest medical technologies for the Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre and support families dealing with the effects of breast cancer.
The Crystal Gala Foundation will be making A cheque presentation of $70,000 to the Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre on Friday August 26th at 11 a.m.
• The Crystal Gala Foundation has raised over 1.8 million dollars.
• The Crystal Gala Breast Health Unit, named in recognition of the foundation’s
considerable contribution, serves 11,000 patients a year.
• The monies raised recently purchased two state-of-the-art digital mammography
machines, one for the clinic and one for more in-depth diagnostic testing in the medical
• 100% of proceeds remain in the community thanks to the foundation’s volunteer
administration resulting in no overhead or operating costs.
• Future funding will support a brand new patient navigation program designed to help
alleviate the stress and anxiety of wait times by guiding patients through all their testing
within a 21-day time frame.
• This years Crystal Gala event on October 18, 2014 is already sold out.
About the Crystal Gala:
The Crystal Gala Foundation was created by a group of local Abbotsford women passionate
about making a difference in their community. These women volunteer time and resources so
that the foundation has no overhead costs, allowing all monies donated to go directly to the