Fire At Abbotsford Homeless Camp

According to CBC News, a fire in the middle of the night at the homeless camp on Gladys Avenue in Abbotsford destroyed the ceremonial TeePee and left one person injured.

[excerpt] One person was injured when a teepee at a homeless camp in Abbotsford, B.C., went up in flames early Wednesday morning.

The incident began just before 2 a.m. PT when the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service was called to the homeless camp on Gladys Avenue.

When they arrived they found the teepee engulfed in flames and propane tanks inside exploding.

Crews quickly brought the fire under control and one person was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

CKNW is reporting that, “Just before two am, Abbotsford Fire and Rescue was called out to the homeless camp on Gladys Avenue, and the arrived to find a ceremonial teepee on fire and propane tanks nearby.

“The fire was quickly brought under control.”

Abbotsford Today will be updating the story as it progresses.

Leave a Reply