By Harjeet Thiara. I wanted to let your readers know about a small business in Abbotsford that is working to reduce the amount of stress on people and the environment during the moving process.
FROGBOX is owned by Abby resident Ken Harbut and his team delivers eco-friendly boxes for rent as an alternative to cardboard. It’s a business that is doing good for the community and environment.
FROGBOX has many tips on how to reduce stress and be more eco friendly during your move.
At FrogBox we believe that we can be a successful business AND do what is right for the environment. We believe that the best way to minimize human impact on the environment is to create sustainable solutions that are cost effective and convenient too.
The reason that we are so passionate about FrogBox is that our service is superior to cardboard in all three areas: affordability, convenience and environmental impact!
The FrogBox Facts:
- FROGBOX won the 2011 Best Green Business Award given by Small Business BC
- Each FrogBox will be reused hundreds of times during it’s lifespan making the carbon footprint much lower than using cardboard moving boxes
- Even if cardboard is recycled, the Environmental Protection Agency has stated that Reuse is a much better alternative than recycling because the product does not need to be reprocessed before it can be used again
- FrogBox donates 1% of gross revenues to frog habitat restoration. Frogs are the most threatened vertebrate group on Earth, with nearly one-third of the world’s 6,468 amphibian species in danger.
- Where available, FrogBox uses waste stream bio-diesel fuel, which significantly lowers our emissions. Waste stream bio-diesel does not compete with the food industry –it comes from recycled waste oils and waste cooking oils from restaurants.
- We donate money and our services to local environmental charities