By Anne Russell. From big machines, to 3D printing, to CNC routers, to robotics arms, the UFV Trades and Technology Centre has a lot to show.
And on Thurs, March 2, from 5 to 7 pm, you can find out for yourself at the UFV Trades Open House.
Bring the family, tour the facilities, and learn about trades training in Chilliwack. The Trades and Technology Centre is located at 5579 Tyson Road in Chilliwack. Admission to the open house is free.
The following activities will run in various shops:
- Heavy equipment simulator
- Drag race reaction timer: test your reaction time in tenths of a second
- Spray paint simulator or demo
- Welding simulator: try your hand at welding
- Maker Space activities: 3D printing, laser cutting/engraving demos
- Automation: set up pneumatic control systems, activate robot
- Aircraft riveting: Pop some rivets in your take-away key chain.