Hemlock Ski Resort will be open with limited operations this weekend and open Christmas Day at 11 am. The resort opens with full operations and night skiing December 26 and will hold its New Years Eve Shindig December 31st.
(From Hemlock Resort) Just over a two hour drive from Vancouver, Hemlock Resort is situated in the coastal mountains of British Columbia, Canada and is a destination for locals and international guests alike.
Below you can find a high-resolution map of the mountain and its runs. Click here to see the latest snow and weather reports.
There are many activities for the family and the thrill-seeker, including downhill skiing and snowboarding, a tube park, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
Thinking of coming to Hemlock for a visit?
If you are looking for driving directions and/or contact information, please click here to find that information.
Hemlock Resort Ski/Snowboard Trail Map
– Controlled Recreation Area –
Hemlock Resort is a Controlled Recreation Area (CRA)
A Controlled Recreation Area license of occupation is the legal mechanism that gives the right to the Developer to control access and use by other persons within the defined boundaries of the CRA. The CRA enables the Developer to:
- Establish and delineate a recreation area boundary within the CRA and designate that boundary by notices, posted signs, fences or otherwise.
- Regulate and prohibit the access & entry of persons & vehicles to the CRA
- Control, prohibit and direct the movement and activities of persons and vehicles within the CRA
- Take trespass action against persons who are in non-compliance with the above
Non-motorized use such as hiking and biking is welcome during the off-season.
Motorized vehicles including snowmobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, cars and trucks are not permitted within the Hemlock Resort Controlled Recreation Area.
Any persons entering this area for the purpose of motorized recreation will be considered trespassers within the Hemlock Resort CRA.
Hunting, trapping, and shooting activities are also not permitted within the CRA.
In the winter months the Nordic trail network is open for Nordic skiing and snowshoeing. A trail pass is required for these activities on our maintained trails. Passes are available at the Main Lodge or Tubing area.
Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding
When not in winter operation, alpine skiing and snowboarding is permitted inside the Hemlock Resort CRA. The following guidelines apply:
- First Aid services are not provided
- Avalanche control has not been performed (the ability to evaluate terrain and snow pack as well as self rescue is imperative)
- Machinery such as snowmobiles and snow cats are likely to be operating and do have the right of way
- Hemlock Resort reserves the right to, and will implement a ban on alpine skiing and snowboarding within the CRA if and when it is deemed unsafe for public use.
Current information on the status of alpine skiing and snowboarding in the CRA can be obtained by contacting us at: 604-797-4411