The City of Abbotsford is hosting a free one day symposium on Saturday June 14, 2014 which will provide a unique training and networking opportunity to help local non-profit and social services organizations build their capacity and skills and network with others in their industry.
Involve Abbotsford offers six different informative workshops by industry professionals. These sessions have been tailored to meet the unique requirements of community organizations and non-profit agencies.
- Grant Writing – Danica Denomme, Making Your Case for Cash
- Social Media – Jennifer Henczel, Creating a Community with Social Media
- Succession Planning – Sieglinde Malmberg, What happens when the Leader Leaves?
- Board Presentations – Bill Flitton, So you want to Speak to City Council?
- Market Research – Teresa Pippus, Positioning Your Organization for Success
- Arts & Organizational Goals – Chris Thornley, Business & the Arts
These workshops provide important information to meet strategic goals, and open more doors of opportunity and wider engagement. Participants can choose between two workshop choices in the day, and have an opportunity for more specific advice and information from the presenters.
The Involve Abbotsford symposium is on Saturday June 14, from 8 am to 4 pm at the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium located at 32315 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC.
Registration is required for this event. To register, please visit www.abbotsfordinvite.ca/involve or contact Susan Federspiel, Community Developer, 604-557-1464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.