Submitted. In late October 2013, the Major Crime Unit of the Abbotsford Police Department began an investigation into online distribution and possession of images depicting child sexual abuse. That investigation resulted in the execution of a search warrant at an East Abbotsford home on November 22, 2013. Items seized from that home included several computers, CD’s, DVD’s and other materials. These items were examined and on December 3, 2013, 30 year old Joshua Lee Farren was arrested.
Farren has now been charged with Distribution of Child Pornography and Possession of Child Pornography. He was released from custody under the following court ordered conditions:
– Not to possess or consume any alcohol or controlled substance
– Not to possess or utilize any electronic device capable of accessing the Internet
– Not to contact or communicate with any person under the age of 18
– Not to engage in any activity that involves contact or communication with persons under the age of 18
– Not to be in any place where minors can reasonably be expected to be
– Not to attend any public park, school ground, daycare centre, swimming pool, playground, skating rink, community centre or recreation centre where persons under the age of 18 are present or might reasonably be expected to be present
Anyone with information about this investigation should contact the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225 or text 222973 (abbypd).