Unattended Lit Candle Cause Of Residential Structure Fire

By August 2, 2013Abbotsford News

Submitted. At 21:55 P.M. on Thursday August 1, 2013, the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service (AFRS) responded to a report of a residential structure fire at 33281 George Ferguson Way.

Upon arrival, AFRS crews observed heavy smoke coming from the house. On entry it was determined the house was vacant and crews were able locate and bring the fire under control quickly. AFRS, APD, BC Hydro and BCAS attended at the scene. No one was injured.

As a result of the fire the home has sustained heavy smoke and fire damage throughout. AFRS Fire Investigators have determined the cause of the fire to be a candle left unattended in one of the rooms.

AFRS reminds citizens to be fire-safe and never leave lit candles unattended.

Leave a Reply