A perfect way to spend a March Break afternoon.
The Abbotsford Arts Council is pleased to be hosting its first open exhibition for university students residing in the Fraser Valley. The show is being held at the Kariton Art Gallery, located at 2387 Ware Street in Abbotsford, until March 31, 2015.
Cover: Recent University graduate, Nichola Clark. Nichola uses mixed media to add sculptural dimensions to her work, which is inspired by the landscape of the west coast. She likes her work to be colourful, dynamic, intricate and experimental.
University Student Show – March 7 – March 31, 2015
This exhibition is a unique opportunity for Fraser Valley residents who are currently attending or have recently graduated from any university to show their artwork outside of an educational setting and will include a wide range of experimental work, paintings and photography.
“Giving students a chance to exhibit helps heighten the awareness of their talent to the surrounding communities as well as supports our youth while they make the slow emergence into the world of fine arts and their chosen professions,” says Aymee Leake, Gallery Coordinator at the Kariton Art Gallery.
Eleven artists will be featured in the exhibition, including:
• Abigail Toftager, University of the Fraser Valley, Photography
• Brian Carlisle, University of the Fraser Valley, Oil
• Chantal New, Trinity Western University, Oil and Mixed Media
• Janelle Fitz, University of the Fraser Valley, Acrylic
• Jeff Rasmussen, University of the Fraser Valley, Acrylic
• Jesse Klassen, University of the Fraser Valley, Illustration and Spray Paint
• Kirsten Hatfield, Emily Carr University, Acrylic
• Nichola Clark, Concordia University, Acrylic and Mixed Media
• Radiance Dream, University of the Fraser Valley, Acrylic and Mixed Media
• Rosalie Luymes, University of the Fraser Valley, Acrylic
• Shannon Thiesen, Simon Fraser University, Acrylic
For additional information, please contact the Abbotsford Arts Council by phone at (604) 852-9358 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.