Mt. Baker has been in operation for 9 days straight with some great skiing and boarding but due to some warm tropical air and heavy precip forecasted to come in tonight and most of tomorrow we will be CLOSED SUNDAY and MONDAY with a strong possibility we could REOPEN Tuesday or at the latest Wednesday.
We are aware the temperature is forecasted to drop significantly after this warm wet part of the storm passes over us and we could get 12 inches (or more hopefully!) of new snow by Tuesday. HOWEVER, with our current early season snow base, we need to allow the water from the warm part of the storm to drain out of the snowpack before we can send the grooming machines back out on the hill and prepare the mountain for operation. Mother Nature will tell when this can happen depending on how and when the storm blows through.
We will be updating the snow report twice daily, so check back for important weather and operation updates.
9:00 – 3:30
Operation – Holiday operation out of both lodges
Notes – It’s a nice day on the mountain today with silky smooth snow. Snowfall has tapered off and its overcast with the mountain peaks showing.
The Bellingham Winter Ride program is now using fancy new charter busses! The first bus is already full and a second stand-by bus needs more sign ups in order to run. Check details on our website, or sign up in the Bellingham business office.