From Greg Cross. The Abbotsford Heat is advertising $3.00 Beers.
1. Children go to Hockey Games
2. Children go to the website
3. Low prices encourage drinking
4. After the Hockey game everyone drives home
5. The Heat are encouraging people to go to the game to drink cheap beer.
6. if you take in account the cost of beer and the overhead the beer may be selling below cost.
7. With the thousands of people at the game underage drinking would be very hard to control.
8. The Heat may advertise in the local media and internet which would expose children to the concept of cheap beer and sports
9. If the beer is cheap people may drink more
10. If the Heat are advertising cheep beer they may send email to minors as part of their marketing program.
11 Heat promotions talk about families and youth groups going to games.
“Abbotsford Heat President Ryan Walter said “We are always looking for ways to add value to our fans. Considering you can purchase a ticket to a Heat game, a hotdog, and a beer for less than $20, I think we’ve accomplished that”.”