Submitted. TELUS is bringing the home of the future to Abbotsford to demonstrate the life-changing potential of its state-of-the-art fibre optic network and offer a preview of what will be possible when homes are connected at the speed of light.
The 585-square-foot Future Home, powered by TELUS PureFibre™, is designed to demonstrate innovative concept technology and provide a sneak peek at smart-home innovations on the horizon.
- Biometric security systems will allow us to lock and unlock our homes using facial recognition; keeping our homes safer and more secure
- A smart EcoHub will make our homes greener by monitoring eco-friendly devices and lowering our energy consumption
- An intelligent kitchen will make it easier to prepare healthy and delicious food with a meal-planning fridge, a smart stove that provides step-by-step cooking instructions and a calorie-counting countertop
- A connected home office with an interactive touch table will make traditional commuting a thing of the past as we connect with our colleagues and customers over high-definition video conference
- A connected home gym will keep us healthier by making exercising an engaging and immersive experience, while home health monitors will allow us to conduct personal health assessments and share information with medical professionals from the comfort of our home
- Connected sensors and cameras will allow us to remotely monitor our children, pets and even our plants on our smartphones, providing us with peace of mind like never before
- Digital art will bring our décor to life and allow us to change the look of our wall to suit our moods
The arrival of the Future Home follows TELUS’ announcement that it is investing $80.6 million in Abbotsford to connect local homes and businesses to the TELUS PureFibre™ network.
The Future Home will be located at Highstreet Mall (3122 Mount Lehman Road) in Abbotsford and will be open to local residents starting Friday, March 31 to Friday, April 7 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Monday – Tuesday), 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Wednesday – Friday) and 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Saturday – Sunday).
All visitors can enter a contest to win a prize pack courtesy of Samsung, which includes a 55” Samsung UHD LED Smart TV (retail value $2,300), a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.7 (retail value $550) and a Samsung Galaxy S7 (retail value $899).
For more information about TELUS PureFibre™ and the Future Home, visit https://fibre.telus.com/futurehome/.