Submitted. UFV is once again looking for unsung heroes. You’re invited to nominate someone great for the Betty Urquhart Community Service award.
Do you know an individual or a group who has made the Fraser Valley a better place to live? People who make everyday contributions to their community but who may not be recognized? Consider nominating them for the UFV Betty Urquhart Community Service award.
Betty Urquhart was one of the first employees of the university and believed strongly in volunteering and giving back to the community. While Betty passed away in 1995, UFV keeps her memory alive by honouring a person or group exemplifying her commitment to life-long learning and community.
Find the nomination form here.
Some past winners of the annualBetty Urquhart award include:
- Elizabeth Melnyk of Abbotsford (Elizabeth’s Wildlife Centre)
The Crystal Gala Foundation of Abbotsford
- Kosum Soni of Mission for her work with vulnerable communities
- Veronica Back of Mission for her outreach activity
- Brittany Clough of Chilliwack for her volunteer efforts with teenage girls on self-esteem issues
- Choice program, Agassiz Centre for Education (ACE)
- Chilliwack branch of Pacific Riding for Developing Abilities (PRDA)
- Patricia Murakami of Hope for her community work
- Elizabeth Watt for her work with the Abbotsford Youth Health Centre